“Welcome back my friends to the side show that never ends. We’re so sorry that it offends — stay inside, stay inside. There behind a glass is a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along, move along.”
Apologies to Emerson, Lake & Palmer for borrowing and slightly modifying their lyrics from Karn Evil 9 but the weather side show continues Wednesday with dense fog, icy drizzle and slick roads.
Another messy day in Floyd County as weather problems continue.
A Winter Weather Advisory continues in the area until at least 11 a.m. Wednesday with reports of slick roads and hazardous driving conditions come in from around the county.
Floyd County schools, for the third day in a row, remain closed.
From The National Weather Service office in Blacksburg:
- …Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EDT this morning…
- locations…along the Blue Ridge mountains.
- Hazard types…light freezing rain or freezing drizzle.
- Accumulations…a trace of ice accumulation.
- Timing…until 10am.
- Impacts…the icing will produce slippery conditions on untreated roads…especially bridges and overpasses.
- Temperatures…in the lower 30s. Precautionary/preparedness actions… This Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities…and use caution while driving.
Be careful out there.